No rockstars: Just free beer, burgers and shakes at the center of the
NYC digital community with those who code, design, deal, finance, and
brute force it everyday.
Check out this video of last year's event.
The NY tech and digital media community has unofficially adopted the Shake Shack at Madison Square Park as the community social hub. Located within blocks of many local startups and prominent investors, the Shake Shack plays host to business development lunches, investor pitches, and spontaneous Twitter-bot driven flashmobs.
On September 29th, 2010, at 6PM, the nextNY community will be getting everyone to the front of the line with a party for the 300 of the most innovative and influential members of the NY tech scene. We'll have free food and drink, but more importantly, we'll be making sure a great cross section of the tech scene participates--entrepreneurs (successful and up and coming alike), VC Partners, developers, designers, business people, marketers, etc.
Free food: Free drinks:
Shack Burgers Red & White wine by the glass
Plain Burgers Budweiser
Cheese Burgers Amstel Light
French Fries Shackmeister
Shackcago Dogs Fiji Water
New York Dogs
Announcing the nextNY Community Awards
(Brought to you by our @shakeshack III sponsors)
We decided to do something a little more interesting with sponsorship this year, so our generous supporters are helping us identify the standout performers in the community as part of the event.
Nominations will be taken for the following awards up until 9/21, with voting among the top submissions going from 9/22 to 9/28.
Check out each of the categories and submit your suggestions and reasons for your support.
Who's going so far?
- Brian Simpson, Director of Social Hospitality, Roger Smith Hotel
- Chris Wiggins, Gray hair, Hackny
- Evan Korth, professor, NYU
- Paul Cantwell, Member, NY Angels
- Josh Knowles, Managing Director - NYC, Pivotal Labs
- Brad Hargreaves, EIR, Tipping Point Partners
- Justin Titi, Lead iOS Developer, MLB Advanced Media
- Larry Richenstein, President, Peak Ventures Inc.
- Charles Crockett, Partner, Ascend Venture Group
- Jeff Frese, Founder, Fly Soup
- Peter Soderling, Founder, Stratusec
- Alex Sherman, Business Development Manager, MediaMath
- Mike Cichowski, Principal, Edison Venture
- Frank Denbow, CEO, Egerdon LLC
- Vincent Choi, Consultant, Navigant Economics
- Deborah Umunnabuike, Assistant Manager, Mobile and Social Marketing, Coach
- Brian Leddy, COO, Crowdcentric
- Mike Dudas, Strategic Partner Development Manager, Google
- Tracy Bacigalupo, Partner, DLA Piper
- Jake Baker, Associate, Deutsche Bank
- Art Lutzke, Private Investor, Lutzke FLP
- Trace Cohen, Associate Account Executive, iFluence
- Raleigh Allison, Corporate Webmaster, Main Street Connect
- Josh McBride, VP Sales, Experian CheetahMail
- Lara Lebeiko, Community Marketing, Bicycle Habitat
- phin Barnes, Principal, First Round Capital
- Julia Kaganskiy, Editor-at-Large, The Creators Project
- Shirley Xu, AOL Ventures, AOL Ventures
- Owen Davis, Managing Director, NYC Seed
- Randy Nicolau, CEO, Demdex
- Dave Morgan, CEO, Simulmedia
- Mark LaRosa, VP of Sales and Strategic Partnerships, Angelsoft
- Nick Crocker, Product Manager, Boxee
- Brett Berson, Associate , First Round Capital
- Karin Klein, strategy and corp development, Bloomberg
- Christopher Poole, Founder, 4chan & Canvas
- John Geraci, Co-founder, Appify
- evan korth, Professor, NYU
- Sita Vasan, Director, Intel Capital
- Chris Fralic, Partner, First Round Capital
- Linda Holliday, Angel investor, New York Angels
- David Hirsch, Managing Partner, Metamorphic Ventures
- Kat Karimi, Program Manager, Astia
- Chantelle Karl, Sr. PR Manager, Yelp
- Rgoer Krakoff, Managing Partner, Blantyre Capital
- David Kidder, CEO, Clickable, Inc.
- Matt Turck, Managing Director, Bloomberg Ventures
- Curt Viebranz, CEO, ad summos
- Whitney McNamara, Under Discussion, Under Discussion
- Paul Amar Sethi, Director, PKS Capital
- christine lemke, coo, sense networks
- Joshua Stylman, Entrepreneur/Angel Investor, Nullset
- Dave Morgan, CEO, Simulmedia
- Andy Weissman, founder, betaworks
- chris wiggins, prof, columbia
- alex lines, engineer, chartbeat